Have you ever wondered how to build your own custom skimboard flatbox?
Well, you are in luck because we put together this nice little tutorial so you can build your very own. Read on skimboarders!
Step 1 - Assemble Frame
- One 2’x8’Topsheet
- Two 1’x8‘ side panels
- Eight 2x4’ on top (spacing 2‘)
- Thirty-two 2” Exterior Screws twp per stud
*Note- Side panels and topsheet are made from one 4’x8’ sheet of 15/32” OSB. Rip the sheet in half lengthwise then rip one of the half sheets again.
- Screw 2x4’s at 2’ on center on top edge of side panels
- Screw 2x4’s at 4’ on center on bottom edge of side panels
- Mount them so they are standing up, they are much stronger in this direction
Step Two - Assemble Top Sheet
- Five Pipes, trimmed to 94”(spacing 5.75”)
- Two Endcap pipes 24” 36 Screws 1-1/4”
- Attach the pipes to the top sheet prior to mounting on the box. This will allow for the pipes to be bottom screwed.
- Trim the pipes to allow for an endcap on both sides of the box.
- Mount the edge pipes
- 1/2” in from side and space the three middle pipes 5.75” on center. After mounting the long pipes attach the end caps to the 1” space left on each.
Step Three - Mount top sheet assembly to frame
- Place the completed top sheet on frame.
- Attach with two screws in each 2x4 support.