Skim Camp is back on this year! We look forward to SAFELY skimming with you all soon!
Our skim camps have been running for over 10 years at Dash Point State Park. Our camp counselors are pro riders that are friendly and very knowledgeable about what they do. We encourage kids from all ages to join the camps, regardless of their skill level. We will teach you the basics of skimboarding so you can start shredding at the beach with your favorite skimboard company. This is a great way to get to know the community. Class sizes are limited this year, but there are still many opportunities to make new friends! We are having seven different sessions this summer that you can sign up for, and some days have multiple sessions, so choose carefully when booking! In these classes we work with each kid to ensure they will learn how to skimboard. On top of that we offer other fun beach activities, and on the last day of each session, we have a pizza party for all the kids involved. We also have other pro riders come hangout with the kids and they can show off their new skimboarding skills to the pros! Skim camp is a blast for everyone involved. So come out in the sun and start skimming!
The two weekend sessions below are for advanced riders, and we charge a different rate for these than the 4 day sessions.
We provide boards, water, snacks, and sunscreen! Kids are free to bring towels, additional snacks, water, and clothes as they please, but we are not responsible for any lost or stolen merchandise brought to the beach. The tent will be monitored on a periodic basis.
Please see our COVID-19 considerations below. Safety is our number one priority:
- Social distancing guidelines will be in place this summer. We will have a no contact policy and will maintain a 6-foot distance at all times. Face coverings are highly encouraged.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, please notify us and stay at home. We will be glad to refund or reschedule when you are feeling better!/li>
- Extra sanitation precautions will be made. This includes disinfecting the skimboards, ramps, tools, etc. Towels will not be provided
- In the event that we are unable to execute a session, you will receive a full refund. We will be giving everyone 48 hours notice if this occurs.
All sessions are located at Dash Point State Park
- Session 1: July 6th-9th 11AM - 1PM
- Session 2: July 10th: 12PM - 2PM Advanced Session Ran by Casey Gackle
- Session 3: July 12th-15th: 11AM - 1PM (July 15th: Sessions pushed back an hour due to tide)
- Session 4: July 12th-15th: 1:30PM -3:30PM (July 15th: Sessions pushed back an hour due to tide)
- Session 5: July 24th: 12PM - 2PM Advanced Session Ran by Casey Gackle
- Session 6: July 26th-29th: 11AM - 1PM (July 29th: Sessions pushed back an hour due to tide)
- Session 7: July 26th-29th: 1:30PM -3:30PM (July 29th: Sessions pushed back an hour due to tide)
Online registration is open now!Click To Register